How to Connect Brother Printer to Mac?
Brother Printers are now a staple in schools, colleges, corporate and private homes. They are renowned for their quality printing and need no introduction. Digital printers can make errors because of their digital nature. A sudden failure and Brother printer goes offline can put an end to your entire work process of Brother Printer. You should also remember that your printer may fail later if your initial installation is not done correctly.
How do I set up a Brother Printer on Mac OS
- Want to order your printer online
- Set up a printer on Mac starting from scratch
The blog has all the relevant information. Please read this blog completely and keep reading till the end. It’s necessary to connect your Brother’s printer to your Mac before you can set it up. Choose the correct connection type, based on your printer model and available resources.
USB Cable Connection
- Plug the power cord into the power outlet. Turn on your Brother printer.
- Use a USB cable to connect your Brother printer to your computer.
Wired Network Connection
- Use a network cable to connect the Brother Printer.
- Turn on the printer by turning on the power switch.
Wireless Network Connection
- Turn on your Brother Printer
- Select the name of your Brother printer and connect it to your Wi-Fi network. For more information about your printer’s Wi-Fi connectivity, please see the next section.
Connecting Brother Printer to Wi-Fi Network
It is necessary to set up a Brother printer using your existing Wi-Fi network. This is the first step in setting up the Wireless Brother printer.
- Turn on the printer
- In your printer control panel, go to “Settings”.
- Select “Network Settings”.
- Select the “Wireless Network” option.
- The Display panel will display a list of all available networks.
- Click on the name to select your Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the password and click “Connect” if necessary
- Your printer is now connected to your Wi-Fi Network.
Important: Make sure your Mac and Brother Printer are Connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Brother Printer Setup on Mac OS
Once your Mac and printer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network it is time to set up your Printer on Mac.
The steps listed below are to be followed:
- Install the Brother Printer driver for your Mac. If you don’t have Brother Driver backup you can download it.
- Brother’s official website allows you to download printer drivers and makes sure you have the most current versions.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the driver installation.
- Click “Apple Menu” and then “System Preferences.”
- Double-click the “Print and Scan” icon.
- A new “Printers and Faxes” window will open, displaying all information related to the scanner and printer.
- To add your brother’s printer, click the “+”
- A new window will open; Click on the “Default” tab from the left.
- You can also select your Brother Printer model in the “Printer List” window.
- “Click on the Add button.
- Your Brother printer has been added to your Mac, and is now set as the “default.”
Restart both your Mac and the printer so that they understand the new settings. Both have to wait until their initial setup is complete. You can double-check your efforts by placing a printing order. You can either get the printout and pat it on the back or fix your Brother printer offline.
Are you still having trouble getting your Brother Printer to work despite following the commands on your Mac? You, your Wi-Fi network, or your printer’s Mac settings may be the culprit. Our experts are here to meet all your brother’s printer solution needs.
Also Read: How to Troubleshoot Canon Printer Error Codes?