QuickBooks lets a user keep its organization’s financial data in the company file. A company file in QB can be operated in both single-user and multi-user modes. A point that has to be kept in mind is that if multiple users try to open the company file, they cannot work in the single-user mode. The multi-user mode must be enabled, and if you don’t, you encounter several issues. One such error is QuickBooks error H101 that comes along with a message that says, “ This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting”. If you are looking for solutions to resolve the problem, go through this detailed article. The blog also mentions the reasons behind the occurrence of the error.
Feel free to have a conversation with our tech team for technical guidance regarding QuickBooks error H101 by dialing our Toll-Free1.855.738.2891
Why Do QuickBooks Desktop Error Code H101 Arise?
You can encounter the error H101 in QuickBooks if the setup of hosting mode is not correct on the server computer.
Ways to Debug the Company File Error H101 in QuickBooks
Below we have listed a couple of solutions to get rid of the error code H101 in QB-
You may read also: QuickBooks file exists error
SOLUTION 1: Choose the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ Option
- Go to a workstation, where the error H101 is coming up.
- Run your QuickBooks Desktop program and choose the ‘File’ menu.
- Now, move to the ‘Utilities’ option.
- In the Utilities, select the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option
NOTE: If you do not see the ‘Stop Hosting Multi-User Access’ option on a workstation, that means that the specific workstation is not causing the problem. In that case, move forward to perform the same steps on other computers.
As an alternate option, check out the second solution as well.
SOLUTION 2: Use QuickBooks Database Server Manager After Downloading and Installing QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- If QuickBooks is already running on the system, exit it.
- Start the process by downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub. You must ensure to download the latest version of the software
- Open the ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and tap ‘Run’. The installation of the software begins.
- You are required to move forward with the instructions displayed on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions as well.
- Select the ‘Finish’ option to complete the installation procedure.
- Go to your Windows desktop and run the Tool Hub.
- Tap on the ‘Network Issues’ section and hit ‘QuickBooks Database Server Manager’.
- In the following window, locate your data file and click ‘Start Scan’.
- At last, the tool will scan for the problems and eliminate them.
As the article ends here, we believe the step-by-step solutions given above have assisted you in fixing the QuickBooks error H101. These above-mentioned debugging methods are absolutely efficient and simple to follow. You can also attempt to set up the settings of your Windows firewall to resolve the error. If the error still continues to bother you, we suggest reaching us at our Toll-Free 1.855.738.2891 instantly and ask one of our certified QuickBooks experts for help.