Canon is a well-known printer and camera manufacturing company based in Japan. Canon printers come with a great reputation for both printing quality and after-sales services. Many people worldwide prefer having a Canon printer for this very reason. But sometimes, just like any other machine, issues like the Canon printer in error state come up, causing much trouble to the users. It is important to remember that this error is not difficult to resolve, and people can get it back to its normal state.
WHY IS MY CANON PRINTER IN AN ERROR STATE?
If you are a regular user of Canon printers, you must be aware that this issue is quite common. This issue comes up mostly when you give a printing command to your printer, and it shows an error message- Canon printer in error state. This error message may also pop up when your printer is running slowly. First-time users panic when they read this message, and we are here to tell you that this error can be resolved in no time. You must follow the steps mentioned in this post and get your Canon printer out of an error state.
WHY MY CANON PRINTER IS IN AN ERROR STATE?
When your Canon printer is in an error state, it mostly concerns the printer or the software. Before a user can proceed with some troubleshooting methods, they have to understand the causes behind the error. The known causes behind this error are:
- An incorrect installation of the printer driver caused this error to happen.
- The user must have installed another Canon printer model’s wrong printer or software.
- Connectivity issues could cause your Canon printer to be in an error state.
- A BIOSS problem is a common factor for this error.
- Loose connection of wires or incorrect connection with the USB cables of the printer makes the printer go into an error state.
WHAT TO DO WHEN MY CANON PRINTER IS IN AN ERROR STATE?
No user wants their printer to enter an error state during printing. But with this post, we want our readers not to be scared when this error occurs the next time. This is why we have come up with simple fixes that the user can do to resolve their Canon printer in error state issue.
Make sure to verify all connections in the following manner:
- The user should check the connection between the printer and the computer if it’s working normally.
- If the user uses a wireless printer, then checking for the WiFi connection is better.
- For printing via Bluetooth, check that the Bluetooth connection between the device and the printer is well-established.
- Ensure that your printer, router, and device are close to each other and in the same network area.
- Check for the USB connections, if they are faulty or loose, and get them corrected.
RESTART YOUR PRINTER AND DEVICE
It is a proven fact that most errors are resolved upon restarting. So the user can shut down the printer and the computer for a few minutes and then power them back on. Check that the “Canon printer in error state” issue has been resolved.
REINSTALL OR UPDATE THE PRINTER DRIVER
If your printer driver is outdated or corrupt, it is a good decision to uninstall and reinstall a new printer driver. You can reinstall the printer driver in the following steps:
- Go to the official website of Canon printers.
- Locate the driver or the software on your printer.
- Click on the download option.
- Install the file on your system.
- Open the file and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Accept the process and click on Next until you reach the Finish option.
- Restart your device to get the new printer driver installed successfully.
- Now your Canon printer is out of error state.
SET THE SERVICE OF THE PRINTER SPOOLER TO AUTOMATIC
Follow these steps to set the printer spooler service to automatic mode:
- Click on the Windows + R keys together to open the Run box.
- In the Run box window, enter service.MSC and click on Enter.
- Check for the printer spooler service on the right-hand side pane and set it to Start.
- Click on Printer Spooler or Properties.
- From the General section, set the startup type as Automatic.
- Click on Apply and then on OK.
- Close the window and restart your computer.
UPDATE THE WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM
Make sure that you are not using the old version of the Windows operating system, or else many of the services will be running below their optimal performance. You can update it in the following steps:
- Click on Start and go to Settings.
- Click on Security or Update.
- Choose Windows Update and click on Search for Updates.
- Windows will automatically start searching for a newer operating system version if available. Update to the new version if there is one.
- Restart your computer.
CLEAR ALL PENDING PRINTING JOBS
Make sure to clear the pending printing jobs from your computer by:
- Go to the Control Panel and select the Printers and Devices section.
- Right-click on the printer icon of your printer model.
- Check for pending tasks and clear all documents in the list.
RUN THE TROUBLESHOOTER
Sometimes, your Canon printer is in an error state for no specific reason. You can click on the Update & Security section on your Windows system and search for the printer troubleshooter. Activate this troubleshooter that will automatically detect issues and fix them, too.
There are many more ways to fix a Canon printer is in an error state issue. You can get in touch with the Canon Customer Service team to learn more about troubleshooting methods or to place a request for a technician to come over and check the printer. Once your printer returns to its normal state, you can enjoy the benefits and services that Canon printers offer.