What is To Do When QuickBooks Not Responding
If your QB accounting software stops working or your desktop says ‘QuickBooks Not Responding’. Here is the issue with your QB software, it has error called ‘company file not found’. The only reason why the software cannot load your file is, it cannot access it and shows up saying ‘QuickBooks Not Responding.’
QuickBooks is accounting software that helps you sort out accounting info by managing your accounts and looking after payments and payrolls. If this important software, you are dependent upon doesn’t respond will be a huge problem for you
In order to help you out in such a situation, this blog will tell you the reasons and solutions to QuickBooks Company File Not Found.
Causes of This Issue QuickBooks Not Opening
- Corruption on the hard drive.
- Damaged QuickBooks installation
- Damaged windows system
- Missing QBWUSER.INI file.
- Maybe, damaged program files.
If you face any problem in QB, try to verify its cause. After verifying the cause the half troubleshoots is completed.
You may read also this blog: QuickBooks Error PS038
Resolve QuickBooks Not Opening Error
- The QuickBooks Component Repair Tool – This is the easiest way of troubleshooting error. You just have to download QuickBooks Component Repair tool and Run it. QB component repair tool resolves all technical issues itself.
- Check The Third-Party – Sometimes, third-party software like anti-virus stops functionality of software like QuickBooks. All you have to do is temporarily disable your anti-virus and then restart your computer and run QuickBooks once again.
- Rename The File – Go to the option ‘Show Hidden Files and Folders, from advanced setting. After you update the settings to the visibility of hidden folders, you have to rename the QBWUSER.INI file and change it to QBWUSER.INIold.
- Uninstall And Re-install – As done in any other app to ensure its working, we install it and then re-install it to the latest version. Do same with the QuickBooks software to push away the issue of QuickBooks not responding. Uninstall the version of QB you have and re-install the latest version. For any help, contact QuickBooks Tech experts.
- Some Technical Steps – To solve the problem of QuickBooks Not Responding you have to look for some technical steps. Look for extension .qbw in your company data file. Create a new folder in C drive and copy this file to the new folder and name it as QBTEST. Launch QB at the same time by pressing the Ctrl key.
- Creating a New Account – Create a new administrative account in your system with rights and now try to open QB after logging into the new account
Hence, if the error comes up with QB Company File Not Found or QB Not Responding When Opening, these steps will surely help you out.
The blog discussed various causes and solutions for the issue of QuickBooks Not Responding. We discussed a number of solutions to overcome the error in no time so that QuickBooks might easily respond and File might appear in records. The ways discussed above are easy and suitable for the error.