Learn The Ways To Fix QuickBooks Error 1904
QuickBooks Error 1904 is an error that appears on your screen when you install QuickBooks or upgrade the QuickBooks version. More specifically, if you upgrade the version from pro to premier, you can face this error. Damaged Microsoft components required to install and run QuickBooks on Windows can lead to this error. You can also get troubled by this error when you switch to a new Windows OS. Make sure to read this blog carefully to fix this error conveniently.
Also, always establish a connection with the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.855.738.2891 if you want professional assistance or tech support.
Reasons For QuickBooks Error Code 1904
Multiple causes can trigger this error on your screen. Make sure to read every cause carefully. Doing so will help you find the exact reason for your error, and that will help you fix your error conveniently. Go through the points given below:
- Damaged QuickBooks installer file.
- Upgrading QuickBooks application version.
- Windows security application is blocking QuickBooks from connecting to the internet.
- You don’t have the necessary permission for the installation of QuickBooks on Windows.
Now that you understand the reasons, it’s best you move to the following section that’ll cover the solutions involved.
Methods That Can Fix Error 1904 While Installing QuickBooks
This section will discuss to the methods of you can try when you install or upgrade QuickBooks. Make sure to implement the steps as per the reason for your error. If you do that, your error will resolve quickly. Now, you go through the measures explained below.
Recommended to read: QuickBooks Error 15106
Method 1: Login To Admin Account On Windows
Logging in to the Admin account on Windows can resolve a multitude of errors, including this one. Go through the steps given below:
- Click on the Start option. Choose Switch User.
- Now, choose Default Admin Account.
- You can also press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on your keyboard to reach the Switch User option.
Move to the next set of steps if these measures can’t fix your error.
Method 2: Set The Right User Folder Access Permission
Setting up the proper or correct user folder access permission can resolve your error in no time. Execute the measures given below:
- Open Windows File Explorer. Move to the Common Files folder.
- Right-click on it and then click Properties.
- In the Security tab, click on Edit.
- Hit on Users in the Group Or Usernames.
- In the Permission For Users tab, you can allow Modify, Write, Read, List Folder Contents, and Read And Execute options.
- Click on Apply and hit OK.
QuickBooks Error 1904 can get fixed with the measures that are executed in this blog. Make sure to perform all the steps with perfection. It’s also essential to run the steps in response to the cause of your error. Keep these things in mind, and your error should get the resolved in no time.
Also, make sure to always contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.855.738.2891 for any additional support or assistance.
You may read also: Easy Methods to Deal With QuickBooks Error 15223