We know you maintain the furniture regularly and remove the sofa stain, and you are still facing problems with oil stains and odor. If this is your problem, then this article is for you. Do not get anxious about oil stains. You can call a sofa fabric protection service provider in your locality for a headache-free solution, but it can be resolved in three simple steps. Today, we will tell you a DIY formula that will help you get rid of this problem. However, consider a specially formulated cleaning solution if your sofa uses delicate materials.
Without further delay, let’s get started.
Things You Need
- Paper Towel
- Baking Soda
- Dish Soap
- Warm Water
- Microfibre Cloth
Before applying it to the affected spots, please use it in a smaller part to check its effectiveness. The backside of a cushion is the best spot for such a pre-test.
Step 1: Remove Excess Oil
A paper towel can make the process easier if the oil stain has not been dried yet. Dab it carefully because excessive pressure can cause the fiber to absorb more oil, damaging upholstery or discoloring the fabrics. Moreover, please note that you do not have to follow any rubbing motion because it may spread the oil on other couch parts. Replace the paper towel so the extent of the spill stays manageable.
Step 2: Remove Dirt and Germs
Baking soda is highly effective against bad odors, stains, and germs. Sprinkle it over the affected spot and see the magic! Baking soda absorbs the oil and grease. Moreover, it is safe on carpets, rugs, mats, and upholsteries. Sprinkle it and wait an hour before vacuuming the powder away from the restored item.
Step 3: Clean with Dish Soap
Even after cleaning, the oil may leave some residue and cause discoloration, so you may not get the desired result after Step 2. This step will help you to restore the item properly. You need a dish shop and warm water.
Mix a few drops of dishwashing liquid with warm water and apply the juice to the affected spot in a circular motion. You can use a microfiber cloth or sponge for this. After that, use a dry cloth to soak the excessive water in the affected area. Now leave it for air drying.
If it does not work, seek the help of sofa stain protection Canberra experts. You will get assistance from them.
How Do You Get Rid of Old Oil Stains?
You should find the upholstery cleaning code to know more about the sofa stain removal directions of cleaning. Four popular codes are W, S, WS, X. The ‘W’ means the item can be washed with a water-based solution. The ‘S’ means you should use a solvent solution for the cleaning.
You may need an expert to remove oil, grease, or stains from the item because a lack of knowledge or equipment may damage the item. If you want a DIY solution, here is the guideline for removing old oil stains.
- Use a knife to lift the old oil stains from the fabric.
- Please do not tear the materials or make the stain larger.
- After removing the layer of old oil stain, you should sprinkle baking soda over the affected area.
- After waiting an hour, vacuum the baking soda dust away from the item.
- Now, follow the cleaning solution instructions to remove the stain spots carefully.
- You should use a water-based solution for code ‘W’ and an alcohol solution for code ‘S.’ Please do not oversaturate the fabric while doing this process.
- Lastly, air-dry the sofa or couch and apply a vacuum for a better result.
How Do You Remove Oil Stains on Leather Sofa?
Baking soda is also effective on leather, but here we will tell you about dishwashers and warm water solutions. You should follow the guidelines below:
- Mix a few drops of a dishwasher with warm water.
- Use a sponge or microfiber cloth to dab on the oil stains. Sofa stain removal This mixture makes a foam that helps to remove the oil on the leather.
- Please do not oversaturate the area with water. You can use a dry cloth to rub it on the surface. It helps to soak excessive moisture.
- Continue this process unless you clean the area.
- Now let it air-dry for an hour. You can also use blowers or fans to accelerate the process.
- Lastly, you can use a leather cleaning solution on the surface for a better result.
If you do not get the desired result, it is time to call a sofa stain protection Canberra expert.
How Do You Remove Oil Stain in Fabric?
If you do not vacuum the upholstery regularly, there is a chance of oil stains in the fabric. A dishwashing liquid is enough to get rid of this issue. If this is affected in a small section on the sofa, you can use this DIY solution, but if it is a major issue, you should seek professional assistance. In this article, we have provided a DIY solution to this issue.
As a professional sofa fabric protection service provider, we do not recommend DIY cleaning, but customers want a cheaper solution, so we have provided a specific solution in this post. Indeed, it is a very popular formula, and you will get plenty of other posts on this DIY method. Please do not forget about the direction code of the item.
Do you want a specific solution to your problem? Then call us for a home inspection. Our sofa stain removal Canberra professionals will arrive at your location and assess the situation. Our senior technicians will suggest the best method to solve your problem. If you agree with our suggestion, you can hire us. We are available 24/7. If you are interested, please book an appointment now.