Our upholstery handles a lot of dirt as well as spillage on a day-to-day basis. It is not uncommon to spill so many things which spoils the upholstery in addition to dust and dirt. At times stubborn stains happen due to spillage of any material while on the upholstery.
Sometimes, on the off-day that you have and decide to try out some nail art video that you came across on the Internet after which you happened to spill a few drops on the upholstery, it’ll certainly turn the couch into a mess and hamper your day. But what if you are able to remove nail polish stains from the upholstery simply? Yes, you can definitely do so!
Executing the professional Upholstery Stain Removal Services method by yourself is easy. You need to just keep an eye on the instructions and follow them in detail as mentioned in this blog and you would be able to easily remove nail polish stains easily.
Upholstery cleaning is a multifarious and challenging job because it is difficult to discern which cleaning chemical will suit which fabric. Some fabric material of upholstery items are absorbent so they need to be handled with extra care and safety while cleaning.
Nail-polish is generally made of nitrocellulose, which when left on the surface of upholstery fabric becomes dogged and at times permanent. Nail polish stains on upholstery besides being a blot on the upholstery also degrades the worth of your sofa significantly if not scrubbed correctly. Luckily, there are a multiplicity of beneficial products and tools at present in your house that would be advantageous for taking out a nail polish stain.
The cleaning materials needed for upholstery cleaning Blacktown
In order to start the nail polish stain removal you would require few materials that would be of help in removing the nail polish stain totally. You would require acetone, a spoon or dull knife, an empty spray bottle, water, cotton balls and a clean soft cloth or towel.
Process of Upholstery Nail-Polish Stain Removal.
First you need to make sure to understand what material your upholstery or couch is made up of. After that you have to patch test after also checking the label. Spot testing the fabric is necessary as it checks whether the acetone is safe to be used on the upholstery. When you are completely sure that the upholstery fabric would not get damaged or face reaction proceed only after that.
- To conduct the patch test, choose a small portion of the couch and then apply a few drops of acetone on that portion. Let the acetone rest on the fabric and check if there is any change after an hour’s time.
- If the nail polish stain is still wet, try and scrape off the excess nail polish. For that you can use the knife or spoon or dull knife to scrape off as much of the wet nail polish as possible. Take out as much nail-polish as you can only after which you can continue to do the next step.
- In the next step, drizzle a few drops of acetone on a cotton ball and then start dabbing off the stain. Let the fabric take in the acetone. The acetone will make the nail polish stain to become more subtle, every time you use it for removing the stain.
- Make sure to use extra cotton to soak in the moisture from the nail polish. The stain will eventually get faint and get off in time. Just keep continuing this process and the stain will without doubt go away.
How to Remove Nail Polish from Leather
Removing nail polish from leather is definitely not as challenging as you might be assuming. Even if the stain has happened due to you spilling your favourite black or darker shade of nail polish. For removing the nail polish stain from your leather couch all you would need is a portion of rubbing alcohol and cotton balls. Following the given cleaning process would help you take out the stains from your favourite couch in no time!!
- Add some rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and dab on the stained area. If there is no rubbing alcohol, use hairspray. Do not scrub on the stain as that will cause the nail polish to spread outward. Continue dabbing the stain with a fresh cotton ball till the time the whole stain has vanished.
- Add water and dish soap in a small bottle. Dip a clean cloth in this and sponge away the polish stain in a round pattern. Dry the area methodically with a cloth.
- If you use cushion covers to protect your couch you can machine wash them to remove any excess cleaning deposit.
Thus removing any spilled nail polish from your leather couch is easy and also possible with the help of few basic tools and cleaning products. The above-mentioned cleaning techniques are very efficient as well as useful for removing nail polish stains if you follow them carefully. If you do not achieve the expected results, then for more long-term results you can connect with a professional Couch cleaning Blacktown company.
Professional couch and upholstery cleaners are equipped with the necessary machinery and know-how that helps them deal with the most obstinate and toughest stains. To get the best results it is better to work with experienced technicians who have an understanding and experience of upholstery cleaning.