How to Diagnose and Fix QuickBooks error 80070057?
QuickBooks provides multiple advanced features to users that help in managing the business’s finance and accounts. But, the problem arises when it annoys users with errors and technical glitches. In this blog, we are talking about QuickBooks error 80070057 that appears when a user tries to open the company file. The error strikes with a message, “Error 80070057: The parameter is incorrect.” Using an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application and incorrectly opening the company file are the main triggers of this error. However, following the correct troubleshooting procedure will help you get rid of it. Go through the complete blog to learn more factors about the QuickBooks error code 80070057.
For further assistance on QuickBooks error 80070057, consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1 800-579-9430
Top reasons causing QuickBooks error code 80070057
Before you proceed to the troubleshooting section, you need to be aware of factors that evoke error 80070057
- You have not opted the correct method to open the QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks desktop installation is either incomplete or corrupted.
- The external storage device containing the company file is corrupted.
- The Windows Firewall installed on your device restricts QuickBooks from accessing the company file.
Note :- You may also read this Blog QuickBooks error support
Most Reliable Solutions to Fix error 80070057 in QuickBooks
Solution 1. Run QuickBooks with elevated permissions and download its latest update
- Close the QuickBooks program and right-click its desktop icon.
- Select Run as administrator option and open company file.
- If the company file doesn’t open automatically, select your company file and choose Open.
- Now, go to the Help menu and select Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- From the Options menu, click Mark All and the Save button.
- From the Update Now menu, mark the Reset Update checkbox and click Get Updates.
- Once the update downloads completely, restart QuickBooks and install the update.
If updating QuickBooks doesn’t fix the error, proceed to the next solution.
Solution 2. Fix error 80070057 by running File Doctor
- Close all open company files and then the QuickBooks Desktop application itself.
- Open your browser to get the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded setup file either to your Windows Desktop or to the Downloads folder.
- Find and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the steps given on the screen to install the tool hub.
- To complete the installation, you need to mark the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox.
- Go to your Windows desktop, locate and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- Inside the tool hub, choose Company File Issues and click Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- In the File Doctor, choose your company file by scrolling the drop-down menu. If you can’t find your file, click Browse and search.
- When the login window opens, enter QuickBooks admin password and click Next.
It’s time to wind up our blog on QuickBooks error 80070057. The troubleshooting process given above will surely help you resolve the issue. If you get stuck in the solutions and need help, call us on our helpline number +1 800-579-9430 and contact the QuickBooks technical support team.