Using QuickBooks Desktop makes the management of day-to-day business-related activities a piece of cake for its users. However, regardless of how beneficial QuickBooks Desktop is, we can’t ignore its proneness to errors and bugs. One such error is the QuickBooks Abort error, which users can encounter while modifying the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. In this article, you will learn why QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost error gets triggered and the troubleshooting methods to fix it.
Struggling with the QuickBooks Abort error and want to remove it right now? If yes, speak with our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.
The error message of QuickBooks Abort error states: “The connection to the company file has been lost. QuickBooks must close immediately. Any unsaved data will need to be re-entered.”
What triggers QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost error?
QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost error usually occurs when the Windows Firewall security configuration is not compatible with QuickBooks Desktop. There are other reasons also that can trigger it, such as:
1. The Windows components required to run QuickBooks Desktop are faulty.
You may also read: QuickBooks error 40001
Please check this high quality content: luxy hair extensions
What should you do to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Abort error?
Method 1: Make the Windows Firewall security configuration compatible with QuickBooks Desktop
1. Select the Windows logo from the left end of the taskbar.
2. Pick the All Programs option.
3. Find Windows Firewall in the list and open it.
4. From the left bar, pick the Advanced Settings option.
5. Right-click Inbound Rules and then pick New Rule from the given options.
6. Pick the Port option and then select the Next option.
7. Make sure that the TCP option is chosen.
8. In the Specific local ports box, fill in the port number as per the year version of your QuickBooks Desktop.
9. Choose the Next option.
10. Pick the Allow the Connection option and then select the Next option.
11. If prompted, make sure that all profiles are selected.
12. Choose the Next option.
13. Create a new rule and name it in the following manner “QBPorts(year).”
14. Choose the Finish option.
15. After that, create outbound rules like the inbound rules above.
Follow the second method if you still get a QuickBooks Abort error while modifying the company file.
Please Read More this content: mayvenn hair
Method 2: Repair the faulty Windows components using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
1. Close QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Visit the website of Intuit and download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most recent version available there (Currently126.96.36.199).
3. Save the setup file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe on the Downloads folder and then run it.
4. Follow the steps you see on the computer screen and then accept the terms and conditions to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
5. In QuickBooks Tool Hub, pick the Installation Issues tab.
6. Select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool option.
7. The tool can take up to 20 minutes to diagnose and fix the essential Windows components. So could you wait until it is done?
8. Restart your computer.
9. Open QuickBooks Desktop and see whether you can make the required changes to your company file.
We hope you can remove the QuickBooks Abort error with the help of the troubleshooting methods discussed above. If not, then the QBWUSER.ini file, which contains all the user information, is possibly damaged. Hence, our suggestion for you is to rename the QBWUSER.ini file. To get further support fixing QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost error, you can contact our QuickBooks professionals at +1-855-856-0042.
Please check this high quality content: 1.7 oz perfume